Whether your air conditioning unit is aging, or you just want to be prepared for the heat wave coming in summer, regular cooling system repairs and service to your air conditioning system is an important step in keeping your home cool and your energy costs low.
According to the U.S. Department of Energy, below are some of the most common problems for your air conditioner or heat pump:
- Refrigerant: A leak in the system can cause limited air intake and output and can also be a problem to your health.
- Sensor Problems: If the sensor and thermostat aren’t talking there could be problems. This could be the problem if you notice your thermostat is set to the correct temperature, but your air conditioner is not responding.
- Thermostat Issues: Not maintaining temperature can indicate problem with thermostat.
- Drainage Problems: Condensate drainage can cause leaking and damage.
- Dirty Filter: Filter changes are needed often to keep system cooling. If you are unsure whether your filter is dirty or how to clean it, a Madsen Inc. Cooling Technician can help.